- The Company's Commitment
- The Company's Human Resource Management & Training Policy
- Field of Work
- References & Mile Stones
In the advent of Namibia’s independence Solar Age has been founded in March 1989. Making Namibia more independent of imported fuel supplies and bringing modern energy services to the remote areas of this vast country has been the driving idea behind the foundation of the company. Conrad Roedern, an Electrical Engineer from Germany knew about the abundant potential of alternative energy resources and saw the need to utilise them.
From "day one" the company focused on development, design and sales of high-tech Solar Energy Solutions adapted to the various rural, urban, institutional, governmental & commercial customers.
To provide optimised solutions and ensure high quality products, Solar Age Namibia is liaising with, and exchanging information on an ongoing basis with research institutions, governmental & non-governmental institutions and other stakeholders in the alternative energy industry.
From “day one” the company has steadily grown. Today there is a trained team of twelve very dedicated and qualified people representing all cultures of the Namibian Society. The affairs at Solar Age are run by a management team, consisting of Helvi Ileka, Marco Simoni and Conrad Roedern.
The Company's Commitment
The Company's adopted policy is to :
- Contribute to the Development of Namibia;
- Alleviate the plight of fuel imports to Namibia;
- Help avoiding climate change by using safe and abundant local resources;
- Interact with various stakeholders for a sustainable energy path;
- Provide optimized technical Solar Energy solutions to satisfy the various clients;
- Provide financially affordable Solar Energy solutions to suit the clients pocket;
- Promote sustainable, renewable, alternative energy sources to protect people and environment;
- Offer training and employment to previously disadvantaged people;
- Uphold a high technical standard by integrating newest findings of research institutes and related institutions into Renewable Energy Solutions offered to clients;
- Actively engage in institutions promoting sustainable alternative energy and the protection of the environment to the benefit of the people; and
- Participate in awareness campaigns informing the population about energy-& environmental issues.
The Company's Human Resource Management & Training Policy
The company has, from the time it was founded, supported local Namibian students by providing training opportunities during vacation or during mandatory periods of 'on the job training' that are part of the curriculum of Tertiary Education Institutions.
Solar age Namibia is committed to the transfer of knowledge within its staff to uphold a high professional standard and gives preference to locally educated and trained people. Solar Age Namibia is committed to reconciliation, transformation and personnel equity to represent the demographics of this country.
The company sends staff members overseas to participate in seminars and technical courses over a prolonged period of time.
These opportunities assist previously disadvantaged persons to obtain knowledge and qualifications - an important aspect in a country short of qualified people.
Field of work
Solar Age specialises in:
- Photovoltaic energy systems for remote area power supplies (RAPS) ranging from single module DC systems to multi module professional AC systems with high quality deep cycle batteries and microprocessor controlled sine-wave inverters
- Hybrid energy systems for RAPS (PV, wind and diesel)
- Energy management in RAPS systems
- Data acquisition service
- The application of energy efficient appliances
- Electronic workshop and test laboratory
- In-house manufacturing of Balance of Systems electronic (BOS) components
- The fielding and the after-sales service of high quality Solar Home Systems
- Photovoltaic water pumping applications
- Sale and Installation of SOLAHART Solar Water Heaters.
- Un-interrupted Power Systems as black-out protection
- Setting the technical standard for the Namibian HOME POWER! program
- PV for more than 100 rural schools, clinics and police stations
- Introducing Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Chargers to Namibia
- Energy Systems for:
Huab Safari Ranches: 48 PV modules (4kWp, MPPT, Active Tracking, 6kVA & 4kVA standby, 44kWh Battery Bank) www.huab.com
2004 Gobabeb Hybrid Energy System (26kWpeak PV, 200kWh (60) Tubular Deep Cycle Batteries, 30kVA Static Power Pack)
9 MTC (Mobile Telecommunication) Transmitter Stations (in total 52.52kWpeak)
20 SchoolNet Solar Systems for Rural Internet Systems (1.1kWpeak each with tracked Solar Array)
and many others ...
Welcome to our homepage! On this page you will find information about the company and it's team members, you can have a look at the range of products we offer, get answers to often asked questions under FAQ or request a quotation for your solar system!